Sunday, February 26, 2006

did i mention i cant see my own blog? please see Macleans magazine of last week or the week before. there is an article on the "new" china. some things are new, some are not. there are a few issues with people over here slandering the gov with their blogs and so, i'm only able to view the posting page of my own blog. i can at least do that. due to this slightly annoying fact, i am unable to see if anyone has left me any comments. guess i'll see them at home. i have been getting some nice emails which really helps me remind myself that this is only temporary. writing the blog does that too. it's a nice distraction from playing gagagoogoo all day long. i dont know how carol is going to do it for a year. when i do get back, i will post the pictures that are relevant to each entry so that you can see what it looked like. --- you will have to forgive me as my brain is jello right now and i have been fighting alana's first "gift" to me since we got here. its getting better tho. --- as i mentioned this morning, we went to the jade factory yesterday (or was it the day before?) and the intricacies of the carvings were magnificent. carol and i were out of control and spent some fric. i bought this one piece that is called an Eternity Ball or Happiness Ball that has 6 spheres of jade inside. think of 2 mirrors facing eachother and you will sort of get it. i will study this thing for days and not be able to understand how it was made. we all know how i admire craftsmanship and that's exactly why i bought it. pure showmanship in a piece of rock. btw, alana was sleeping all thru the jade factory so i can go on with my story. actually, i cant go on with my story because my girls are here once again to pick me up to go have supper this time. more to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home